Nursing & Community Services
Post Falls School District nursing services partners with school district staff and community members to minimize a student's medical barriers to education.
Elizabeth Costin lead nurse: email
Central school nursing office phone number 208-773-6976
Direct student services are a primary part of our role. Nurses work with students of all grade levels at individual building sites. Nurses assess illness and injury, give first aid and make appropriate referrals. School nurses work to limit communicable disease through prevention, early intervention, isolation as necessary, and notification to parents regarding possible exposure.
Idaho State Law requires all students K-12 be fully immunized prior to enrollment in school. If your child is not fully immunized, immunization can be received through the Panhandle Health District, Heritage Health, or your child’s physician.
- Students born before 9/1/2005 must have 5 DTaP, 2 Measles/Mumps/ Rubella (MMR), 3 Polio and 3 Hepatitis B.
- Students born after 9/1/2005 must have 5 DTaP, 2 Measles/Mumps/ Rubella (MMR), 4 Polio, 3 Hepatitis B, 2 Varicella (Chickenpox) & 2 Hepatitis A.
- 7th grade students must have 1 TDaP booster and 1 Meningococcal.
- 12th grade students must have 1 Meningococcal (MenACWY) vaccine after the age of 16, regardless of previous vaccination.
Vision screening School nurses conduct vision screening clinics for Kindergarten, 2nd, 4th, and 6th grades annually. We also screen any teacher or parent referrals. Nurses notify parents if additional follow-up may be necessary. We have wonderful resources available for students who do not have vision insurance and whose parents qualify.
Student Health Alerts are care plans that contain student-specific medical information. They equip staff members working directly with a child to ensure a safer environment for that student. If your child has a life-threatening medical condition such as diabetes, severe allergies, seizure disorder or another chronic illness, we look forward to working with you to develop a safe plan of care for your child within the school setting.
If resources are needed, please contact school nursing services.
Family Guidance for COVID-19: Positive Student or Positive in household
- * Authorization for Medication Administration Form
- * Allergy Information Form
- * Asthma Information Form
- * Diabetes Information Form
- * Seizure Information Form
- * Headache Information Form
- * Dietary Restriction Information Form
- * ADD-ADHD Information Form
- * Cardiac Information Form
- * Cystic Fibrosis Information Form
- * Immunization Requirements Exempt Form
- * Meals Accommodation Form